Last night I finished sewing, the last job was the cloth channel on the back of the cloth to allow a baton to be passed through to hang the quilt at Touchstones. I made a couple of last minute changes to the composition, swapping a few of the lilac pillowcase signatures with some cream ones. When I looked at my photos of the whole quilt last week I didn’t feel the colour distribution was quite right so I am glad I made the change. It was a good feeling after so long to finish the quilt, the weight of responsibly is a heavy one with so many people being involved. Only the handling sample left now to do now.
The slide show is pretty much there too. This will accompany the quilt in the show. It was interesting to see again all the workshop sessions which chronicle of the making over four months.
The exhibition opens on the 14th December but anyone involved in the project is welcome to the private views on Friday 13th 6- 8pm. Myself and Alison Slater are doing a talk in January about the whole project. Dates should be on the Touchstones website soon.